Film Club History
Following a trial screening of "Some Like It Hot" in the summer of 2013 it was decided to restart the Highbury Film Club.
The group of interested Centre Members approached the Highbury Theatre Centre Management Trust and they agreed to form a sub committee to mananage the project and to fund the installation of a projector and screen, with the use of the existing sound system
The films were to be selected on a similar basis to that used when the origional Film Club operated in the period 1943 - 1956 being films of international status and interest from all periods and genres of film making and not normally screened in commercial cinemas.
A published programme of eight Classic films is now presented each season commencing in the 2014/2015 theatre season digitally projected by a 5000lux HDMI projector from bluray/dvd onto a new screen across almost the full 16 feet width of the procenium arch. There is a link to past programmes at the bottom of this page
As with the early Highbury Film Club we form a part of the wider circle of people interested in films through contact with the British Federation of Film Societies(BFFS) trading as Cinema for ALL , the Bristish Film Institute (BFI). and other local interests.
Futher information: email@example.com
The First Film Club Season - 1943
The First Film Club Showing October 1943 (16mm films)
Entry fee was 3/-
But now on Youtube! Papageno and The Ringmaster
BBFC Classification requirements
BBFC Classification Notice
July 16 July17